Sunday, January 19, 2014

M36 Jackson

We've just been away for a few nights before starting back at work.Just before we left I just managed to complete this little beauty: a Nitto M36 Jackson. I can't say I'd go out of my way to buy any for the nascent US Spearhead army 1944 - M10s would do just fine (I don't rate myself as a 'power gamer' looking for the biggest guns etc). The kit was another one of those for which I have no recollection about how it even came into my possession, but it did, it has been sitting there, and I decided to assemble it.

Overall a nice kit, but it was sufficiently old that the tracks, and some of the locating pins on the bogies, had turned brittle. The assembly was therefore a little messy, so I decided to disguise it with the 'pseudo diorama' arrangement on the base - a brownish stone wall a la Normandy (although the blocks are somewhat too regular in shape and size really). It will most likely masquerade as an M10 on the tabletop, but a nice addition to the slowly growing US army. I am currently playing with lists using Keith's Scenario Generation System.





So yet another box disposed off, its contents completed for the table. You know, I'm still enjoying this 20mm modeling thing.

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, very nice! Good to see the interior detail too. Nice work with the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick
    The kit originally came with even more interior detail.. engine, controls, driver etc.. but the engine detail, with an internal bulkhead, had been 'robbed out' from the kit... couldn't see much point because it wouldn't be visible anyway, unless you removed the turret.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking good work on this Robin. I have parts of two wrecks floating around here and just last night I pulled them out to see if I could do something with it.

    Very inspirational and a nice use of the Matchbox wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul.. get stuck in, I say.

    The 'wall' came from a Tamiya 1/35th Brick Wall Set I've had sitting there for years.
    R

    ReplyDelete

A water lurker for HotT

I felt like doing something a little more creative, in the midst of a lot of 6mm WW1 painting. For some years I've had a crocodile '...